Thursday, May 5, 2016

MKTG 348: Week 9- Weebly

Image result for weebly
The class was told to make a website on Weebly. My site was very entertaining in the fact that it had a bunch of pictures of google searches and these searches were linked to a different search everyday. So for example, if the picture was a search of the world Lion, and the user would click the picture, the person would probably be led to a search about the word Tiger. It made absolutely no sense and that was what kept users coming back for more. There was a sense of professionalism within the site with my blog being posted on it and my contact information. However the key sense of traffic within the website was the "Random Search of the Day". 

Creating a website on Weebly was not that hard actually. Compared to Wix, I would say it is a lot easier. Not only is it a lot easier, I would say it has a lot more customization opportunities that Wix does not give. For example, the themes are one of the most overrated aspects of Wix. I understand the pictures are nice and innocent. But I prefer the higher quality and meaningful themes that Weebly has to offer. I personally used a picture of a bird for my background because I wanted people to feel "Free" on my site. This was seen often when I noticed one of my classmates aimlessly browse my website for majority of the class period. It was fun to see how much your hard work amused other people. I will be using Weebly in the future for my employer if i am told to make a website or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment